Blogging – A 2013 Goal
I’ve been putting my goals together for 2013, and blogging is a huge goal for me. So over the weekend I decided I wanted to learn what successful bloggers do to create content, stay focused and generate a unique voice. I wanted to know more about their blogging process.
- Blog, prune, experiment and repeat. Seth writes a lot. He tries out new thoughts. What sticks, he repeats.
- Blog once a day. Whether you write one blog or 12 during the time, blogging daily is important.
- Avoids comments and Twitter. Seth doesn’t waste time on having comments or participating on Twitter. Although he does have a Twitter account, it’s only a re-posting of his blog.
- Don’t watch television or go to meetings. He blogs instead of television and has conversations instead of meetings.
- Ship it or else it doesn’t count. You have to get your products to market.
- Write like you talk.
- Notice things. And keep track of your thoughts.
- Use your blog as a proving ground. Try out new ideas.
- Make blog posts, not money. Focus your blog on content and earning money outside the blog.
- Establish what motivates you to get out of bed. What do you want to be the best at?
Taking The Lessons To Heart
Each of these has gotten me to think about my process. Even though I do many of these such as “write as you talk,” I don’t do all of them. I especially like #10. That has gotten me to focus on specifically what I want to bring to my audience.
There are so many experts to learn from. Who are some that inspire you?